Sunday, April 27, 2014

Family member posts

I've started following more and more genealogy blogs that I've discovered on Facebook and Twitter after joining Wikitree.com.  Many of these blogs are doing dedicated posts on one family member.  I've done one about my great grandfather Joseph Switkowski.  I was able to discover a lot about the man that died 25 years before I was born.

What I m not able to do is learn about the people around me.  Those that are still alive or recently passed it seems I know very little about. It is frustrating to be part of a family that does not like to share their experiences.  I know what I see happen to them but that is only a small part of what makes them them.  The plan is to beg relatives to share as much as possible.  There is a family reunion coming up in August.  I went last year and the closest relatives were cousins 2 - 3 times removed.  I knew some from childhood but have not seen them is 30 years so I have little knowledge of their story in all that time.

I will continue pushing for more information and add it to my tree on wikitree.com and here.