Monday, June 30, 2014

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Summer Vacation as a Kid - a day late

From: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/06/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-summer.html



Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Summer Vacation as a Kid

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

 It's Saturday Night again - 
time for some more Genealogy Fun!!



Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1) It's summertime in the Northern hemisphere, and time for summer vacations for many people.  


2)  Tell us about a memorable summer vacation when you were a child.  What are your memories of summer vacations with your family?  Did you travel?  How?  Did you visit extended family?  Who?

3)  Share your memories in your own blog post, or in a Facebook or Google+ post.


We didn't do a lot of vacations.  But in 1977 the year I later found out my parents divorce was finalized I got to spend two weeks with my father Harold.  It ended up the last time I ever saw him.

We went to Virginia and camped out of a trailer for 12 days then drove back to Buffalo.  I have a photo album that I need to scan from that time.  We visited Williamsburg Historic Site.  It was the only time I had a father figure in my life until my grandfather was given the chance to take me fishing when I was 12 after my great grandmother died.