Sunday, July 20, 2014
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Where Were They 100 Years Ago?
Another late edition of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. Go to http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/07/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-where-were.html for the original.
Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) Determine where your ancestral families were on 19 July 1914 - 100 years ago.
2) List them, their family members, their birth years, and their residence location (as close as possible). Do you have a photograph of their residence from about that time, and does the residence still exist?
3) Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook Status or Google+ Stream post.
1. A. My father's maternal grandparents are Rose Evans Noice (born 06 JUL 1886) and Perry J. Noice (born January 27, 1885). They lived at 622 King Street, Lancaster Ward 2, Fairfield, Ohio.
1. Perry's parents Pvt George Washington Noice (born March 4, 1864) and Lucinda Alice Noice formerly McLaughlin (born October 14, 1857) lived in Walnut, Fairfield, Ohio.
a. Lucinda's mother was still alive at this time. Her father died in the Civil War. Sarah Ann McLaughlin formerly Emfield lived in Pleasant, Fairfield, Ohio.
B. My mother's maternal grandparents are Joseph Edward Switkowski (born March 7, 1893) and Joanna K Switkowski formerly Gulczewski (born June 14, 1899). He lived at 312 Lovejoy Buffalo, New York. She lived at 12 Newton, Buffalo, NY. They did not marry until after WWI. I blogged about Joseph http://mfharrisfamilytree.blogspot.com/2013/08/joseph-edward-switkowski.html.
1. Joseph parents Wladyslaw Switkowski (born 1861) and Louise Szymanska (born 1864) lived in Buffalo, New York.
2. Joanna's parents Jakob Gulczewski (born July 1853) and Catherine Szafranski (born April 1856) lived in Buffalo, New York.
C. My mother's paternal grandparents are: Joseph Alajko (born March 10, 1884) Bertha (Glowacki) Alajko (born August 7, 1891) lived in Buffalo, New York. I blogged about Joseph here.
1. Bertha's parents are Antonia Trzcinski (born January 1861) and Andreas Glowacki (born November 1858). The also lived in Buffalo, New York.
2. Joseph's parents are Stanislaus (Stanley) Alajko (born 1854) and Wiktoryia A Woskowski (born about 1867). They lived at 71 Rother Avenue, Buffalo, New York.